DAA Supplement is the most effective natural testosterone booster on the market. What is actually the DAA Supplement made of? Does it really work and is there a body of clinical research to back it up? You can find all the answers in this article. (To read more about the science behind D-Aspartic Acid click here.)
What is DAA?
DAA stands for D-Aspartic acid. Aspartic acid is a non-essential amino acid, a building block of proteins and in consequence tissues, discovered by the French pharmacist Plisson in 1827. The L-form of the aspartic acid is just another amino acid, but some specific tissues of the body (hypothalamus, pituitary gland and testes, all responsible for hormone production) are able to convert it to the racemate isomer, the d-form, making the d-aspartic acid. And that’s where magic begins.
DAA causes a number of effects on the body, increasing the release of gonadotrophin and luteinizing hormone, increasing cyclic adenosine monophosphate and nitric oxide production. But what makes DAA Supplement to a breaktrough testosterone booster is its ability to increase production of the body’s own testosterone.
Side effects of taking hormones
The number one side effect of taking hormones is inhibition of natural hormones. If you take hormones, your endocrine system will try to keep hormonal balance, called homeostasis. To maintain it, the body tries to avoid having too much or too little of any hormone, and reacts on sudden spike in the blood levels of the hormone. If you take testosterone, your brain sends a signal to your testicles to slow down or even stop producing testosterone if there is already too much of it circulating in your bloodstream. The testosterone levels would drop to go back into balance, which is not exactly what you want to achieve.
DAA Supplements come without this side effect. By making the body increase the production of its own testosterone, DAA Supplement cause no negative response from the endocrine system and no inhibition. Up till now there is no evidence of any side effects of the proper usage of the DAA Supplements. Please follow the advice of the manufacturer concerning dosage. As with every supplement or microelement you won’t be doing yourself a favor if you overdose the DAA Supplement.
Has DAA Supplement been tested on humans?
Most testosterone boosters are not backed up by a clinical research. You can see it when you look at the enclosed slip or the information on the packaging. If it reads like “this supplement may increase testosterone levels” – hmm, it MAY work, but there is no scientific research to confirm the sales pitch of the manufacturer. (Read about other natural test boosters here.)
DAA Supplements stand out by having scientific evidence of their effectiveness. A recent study conducted in Italy on 23 men aged 27 to 37 has proved that DAA Supplementation increases the blood levels of both the luteinizing hormone (LH) and testosterone. A control group was applied a placebo (salt solution) to make sure no other factors influenced the results. In 12 days the treatment resulted in an elevation of the blood testosterone levels of the probands by whole 42%, the LH levels rose by 33%. The level of testosterone remained elevated 3 days after treatment suspension. It is worth mentioning that the volunteers taking part at the research were healthy males with normal hormone levels, not patients suffering from imbalanced testosterone levels. Similar study has been conducted on rats, to check the DAA levels in the tissues. The rat experiment results supported the conclusions of the “human” experiment.
DAA Supplement Dosage
The DAA Supplement dosage in the above mentioned Italian study was 3 gram applied in the morning. There are some new dosage recommendations from the DAA Supplement manufacturers, based on the consumer experiences. Primaforce recommends a loading phase of 5 days, with a double ration – 3 grams of the DAA Supplement taken twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. As with all testosterone boosters it makes sense to cycle the DAA to avoid building up a tolerance. Allmax, another manufacturer of the DAA suggests a cycle 2 weeks on and 1 week off the DAA Supplement.
What is the best DAA Supplement?
If you go through bodybuilding forums searching for the best DAA Supplement you will probably notice a wide range of opinions and personal experiences. Much of the disagreement can be contributed to the fact that everyone has a slightly different body, responding to the same DAA Supplement in a slightly different way. If something works perfectly for your fellow bodybuilder you train with, it doesn’t guarantee you the same results.
As there is only scientific evidence available concerning the active substance, d-aspartic acid but not any particular DAA Supplement brand, you have to choose your DAA supplement based on other factors:
- price – some brands of DAA Supplements are cheaper than other. Compare the prices and choose the best value for your money
- personal preferences – do you prefer taking DAA capsules or DAA powder? Do you want it stacked with other supplements (e.g. tribulus) or pure DAA?
- testing on your own – not all bodies are created equal. Buy three different DAA Supplements and verify what works best for you.
DAA Supplements available on the market
Below there is a short list presenting some of the products available on the market. Read the product information of the manufacturer, visit the online shop for additional information and price and take an informed decision by yourself (to buy DAA Supplements click on the pictures at the right sidebar):
- AI Sports Nutrition D-Aspartic Acid Capsules – 180 Capsules. Increase testosterone, dopamine, GABA, and nitric oxide levels. A very potent combination capable of causing drastic increase in lean body mass.
- AI Sports Nutrition D-Aspartic Acid – 100 Servings. The same brand as above, only as DAA Powder.
- Alpha Series D-Aspartic Acid – 100g. Ultra-pure, ultra-premium D-Aspartic Acid from Omega Sports! Recent human studies indicate that a ~3 gram daily dose can raise testosterone by as much as 33% in as little as 12 days!
- Allmax Nutrition D-Aspartic Acid – 100g. Recent human clinical research using oral dosages of 3.12 g of D-Aspartic Acid revealed dramatic increases in Testosterone of 42% on average in just 12 days.
- PrimaForce D-Aspartic Acid – 100g. D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) is the newest natural testosterone booster on the market. The difference between DAA and other natural t-boosters is there is actually scientific data in HUMANS showing it to effectively increase testosterone levels.
- DAA Pure – 120 Capsules. Performance Edge introduces the latest in researched and scientifically-advanced ingredients. D-Aspartic Acid, an innovative breakthrough in cutting-edge performance nutrition.
- ANS DAA Test 5 – a supplement stack based heavily on DAA. Contains d-aspartic acid, massularia extract, DHEA, pregnenolone and chrysin.